IoT and Edge Computing for Architects: Implementing edge and IoT systems from sensors to clouds with communication systems, analytics, and security, 2nd Edition
points - Details)
Learn to design, implement, and safe your IoT infrastructure. Revised and expanded for edge computing.
- Build a whole IoT system that is the very best match for your group
- Learn about completely different ideas, tech, and trade-offs within the IoT architectural stack
- Understand the speculation and implementation of every component that includes IoT design
Industries are embracing IoT applied sciences to enhance operational bills, product life, and folks’s well-being. An architectural information is required in order for you to traverse the spectrum of applied sciences wanted to construct a profitable IoT system, whether or not that is a single machine or thousands and thousands of IoT gadgets.
IoT and Edge Computing for Architects, Second Edition encompasses your entire spectrum of IoT options, from IoT sensors to the cloud. It examines fashionable sensor systems, specializing in their energy and performance. It additionally seems at communication concept, paying shut consideration to near-range PAN, together with the brand new Bluetooth® 5.0 specification and mesh networks. Then, the e book explores IP-based communication in LAN and WAN, together with 802.11ah, 5G LTE mobile, Sigfox, and LoRaWAN. It additionally explains edge computing, routing and gateways, and their position in fog computing, in addition to the messaging protocols of MQTT 5.0 and CoAP.
With the info now in web type, you will get an understanding of cloud and fog architectures, together with the OpenFog requirements. The e book wraps up the analytics portion with the applying of statistical evaluation, complicated occasion processing, and deep studying fashions. The e book then concludes by offering a holistic view of IoT safety, cryptography, and shell safety as well as to software-defined perimeters and blockchains.
What you’ll be taught
- Understand the position and scope of architecting a profitable IoT deployment
- Scan the panorama of IoT applied sciences, from sensors to the cloud and extra
- See the trade-offs in selections of protocols and communications in IoT deployments
- Become acquainted with the terminology wanted to work within the IoT area
- Broaden your abilities within the a number of engineering domains obligatory for the IoT architect
- Implement greatest practices to guarantee reliability, scalability, and safety in your IoT infrastructure
Who this e book is for
This e book is for architects, system designers, technologists, and expertise managers who need to perceive the IoT ecosphere, applied sciences, and trade-offs, and develop a 50,000-foot view of IoT structure. An understanding of the architectural aspect of IoT is important.
Table of Contents
- IoT and Edge Computing Definition and Use Cases
- IoT Architecture and Core IoT Modules
- Sensors, Endpoints, and Power Systems
- Communications and Information Theory
- Non-IP Based WPAN
- IP-Based WPAN and WLAN
- Long Range Communication Systems and Protocols (WAN)
- Edge Computing
- Edge Routing and Networking
- Edge to Cloud Protocols
- Cloud and Fog Topologies
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning within the Cloud and Edge
- IoT and Edge Security
- Consortiums and Communities