How Finance Works: The HBR Guide to Thinking Smart About the Numbers
(as of Jan 26,2021 16:11:15 UTC – Details)
If you are not a numbers individual, then finance may be intimidating and straightforward to ignore. But if you would like to advance in your profession, you will want to make sensible monetary selections and develop the confidence to clearly talk these selections to others.
In How Finance Works, Mihir Desai–a professor at Harvard Business School and creator of The Wisdom of Finance–guides you into the complicated however endlessly fascinating world of finance, demystifying it in the course of.
Through entertaining case research, interactive workout routines, full-color visuals, and a conversational type that belies the subject, Professor Desai tackles a broad vary of matters that will provide you with the information and expertise you want to lastly perceive how finance works. These embrace:
- How completely different monetary levers can have an effect on an organization’s efficiency
- The alternative ways during which corporations fund their operations and investments
- Why finance is extra involved with money circulation than income
- How worth is created, measured, and maximized
- The significance of capital markets in serving to corporations develop
Whether you are a pupil or a supervisor, an aspiring CFO or an entrepreneur, How Finance Works is the colourful and interactive information you want to enable you to begin considering extra deeply about the numbers.